Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What to do? SNAD and Seller not responding to messages.

Hello, Looking for a little advice. I purchased a Macbook for repair from a seller AS IS. However in the listing the seller listed the Macbook as a 2.8Ghz with 4GB of RAM. Upon receiving the Macbook I discover its a 2.4Ghz Laptop and there is only 2GB of RAM in it. I've tried contacting the seller and he is not responding. Will I still be covered upon buyer protection? I knew the item was AS IS, but I didn't receive the item I thought I was bidding on, I received something else, isn't the Seller responsible for accurately listing their items for sale? I want to work with the seller but as I said there is no response. Also I've noticed a few negative feedbacks from other buyers stating the same thing. Should I keep trying to message the seller or go ahead and submit the SNAD dispute?|||Contact the seller through regular email and ebay messages. It might be that they aren't getting your messages. I'd give them a a few days - you have 45 days to file a SNAD.|||WOW, I just noticed that the buyer sent me a total different Macbok than what he described. No wonder the specs are off. He sent me a 15" Macbook not a 17" like he described in his listing. Still no response from the seller. I sure hope I can get a SNAD refund from Paypal if he doesn't answer me. I'm worried now, I paid a lot more than this 15" is worth.||||||If the item is NOT as described, and the seller is not responding , just go ahead and file the SNAD dispute with Paypal. Follow Paypal's instructions for the return.|||I agree, file a SNAD case with PayPal, and be sure, if the item is worth more than $250, to send it back with Signature Confirmation (not just Delivery Confirmation.) Once you have proof it got back to the seller, PayPal should refund your money.|||Ditto, you tried to reach the seller, now file the SNAD dispute and escalate ASAP.|||Exactly. Make sure you return with Signature Confirmation if it cost more than $250|||I filed a SNAD with paypal, the seller has not responded. How long would you guys wait to escalate the claim.|||"I filed a SNAD with paypal, the seller has not responded. How long would you guys wait to escalate the claim." I believe Paypal still gives the seller 10 days to respond to the dispute via the dispute console. DO NOT comunicate with the seller,except via the Paypal dispute console. If the seller does or does NOT respond, just escalate the dispute to a claim on day 10. If you fail to escalate the dispute to a claim, Paypal will auto close the dispute. At that point neither you or the seller will be able to respond further. Paypal will email you instructions on how and where to return the item with "On line viewable" delivery confirmation (under $250 value) OR Signature Confirmation (over $250 value). Follow Paypal's instructions exactly and give Paypal the D/C or SC # to verify the return to the seller. Once they verify (paypal) the return, you should hear you won the claim and will be refunded item price and the original S&H.|||Boy this seller is something else. After I filed a SNAD dispute with PayPal and messaged him about 5 times, then he finally responds. The seller said he was so sorry and that he measured wrong and he would issue me a refund if I returned it or I could make him a offer to keep the one I didn't order. I told him I wasn't interested in the 15" and I would ship it back. He responded great and he would refund as soon as he got it. I sent it back with a Direct Signature Required with Tracking and for 6 days after he's received it I've tried to contact him only to have my messages ignored. I finally escalated my dispute with PayPal to a claim, and now PayPal is waiting for a response from the seller. I've never had this kind of problem but as it stands right now, I'm out of $1250! I just hope PayPal refunds my money. I have all the messages saved where he stated he would refund my money. Are my chances good at getting my money back?? Personally I think they should ban sellers like this, now I have to wait until April 14th to see if the seller even responds. I'm almost to the point of just buying retail and screw trying to save a few bucks if I'm going to have headaches like this!!|||You have 100% guarantee that you will get your money back. You MUST enter the Signature Confirmation number to prove the seller recieved the package. There are 450,000 sellers on eBay. Please do not blame them all for the faults of one.|||In the future, don't buy laptops on eBay, they are very high fraud. Also make sure you fund any online purchase with a credit card. this will add an extra layer of security.||||||Maybe I don't know Macs as well as I should, but who pays $1,250 for a mac for repair?

No comments:

Post a Comment