Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seller refunded money but then opened a case to cancel transaction?

I won and paid for an item on March 12, 2010 and on March 23 I still had not received any notification of if or when my package was shipped. I contacted the seller on this date asking what the deal was: "I purchased this item and payed for it on 12 March but I have yet to receive any communication, a package, or tracking information that is in reference to the item I purchased. When will I receive tracking information so I can expect a package?" Response from seller (25 March): "I sincerely apologize for my delay. A couple of weeks ago we got some very heavy rain and a large leak sprung in my warehouse. Unfortunately it was right over a lot of my electronic products including your item. I sent a couple out that did not get the brunt of the leak, but I got emails back saying they did not work well. I have reordered my whole stock but this particular one is backordered for a couple of weeks. I can ship it when it comes in or I can issue you a refund. Please advise." Then, after looking through feedbacks of the seller I wrote again on March 23: "After review of your feedback I realize you are a busy ebayer with many good reviews and many bad reviews, mostly to do with shipping items in a timely manner. I have decided that if you have not shipped my item by now I want a refund. So I may purchase from a seller who will ship promptly. If you do not respond within 3 days from today, 23 March, I will open a case against you for an unreceived item." Sellers response on 25 March: "I just sent a refund." ______________________ I got my refund, however, on April 7 I received a message from the seller saying: "SELLER wants to cancel this transaction with your agreement. Dear angry_erowid, SELLER has sent you a request to cancel the transaction for ITEM. Reason for request: The seller did not provide a specific reason. Please click the Take action button to accept or decline this request. ITEM Item # :# End time:Monday, Apr 12, 2010 05:57:43 PDT Sale price:$# Seller:SELLER Case opened:Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 03:20:36 PDT View purchased item" I have already gotten a refund for this item, what is the point of this 'cancel transaction' case, and can I just decline it since it's already been cleared up or what is the deal with it? I don't want to issue the seller a refund for my refund you know? Because I still do not have any item from the seller. Any help would be much appreciated, Angry_Erowid|||I still had not received any notification of if or when my package was shipped Not all sellers notify buyers of shipment. As a buyer, I don't care too much about that "After review of your feedback I realize you are a busy ebayer with many good reviews and many bad reviews If you do not respond within 3 days from today, 23 March, I will open a case against you for an unreceived item." Well that didn't bode well. Why be confrontational? what is the point of this 'cancel transaction' case The point is so the seller can get his fees back from Ebay. You can decline it if you wish, but I personally wouldn't - I don't think it's that big of a deal - but that's just me. Seller should have notified you of his issue instead of you having to contact him. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...|||Angry - I see you already negged the guy for it. I would strongly suggest you not buy and sell on one ID. Add this seller to your blocked bidder list so there is no "retaliation" then open up a separate ID just for buying, so you don't have to worry about it. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...|||||||||That was not confrontational. Dude - that was way confrontational. When I sell, even just out of courtesy, I send notification of everything that I do So you're one of those sellers who punish other sellers for not doing things exactly the way you do it? Great. I miss the old ebay. With 100s of 1000s of small sellers all doing their own thing. Now we have mostly power sellers with the same junk you can get down the street at the dollar store. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...|||OP - You don't admit you are confrontational, but you are. You even admitted it on your neg comment to the seller "I had to threaten to open case ....". You are going to on a lot of sellers BBL. The seller is not right to ship late and didn't notify you. However, you don't have to be this confrontational. You could simply just say: Dear Seller, I am sorry your were having trouble on your warehouse. However, I'm not pleased that you didn't notify me about the shipping delay. I'm living on a tight budget, and need the item soon. I couldn't afford to spare extra money to buy from somewhere else. With that, I am requesting a full refund immediately and we just cancel this transaction. Please send the refund to me as soon as possible. Buyer|||I have already gotten a refund for this item, what is the point of this 'cancel transaction' case, So that EBay doesn't get to keep the commission on a non-sale. Ebay is banking on you being angry enough to say "no" to the cancellation. They WANT to keep the commission and they want to use YOU as the patsy to assist them. Did you fall for it?|||Half the country is flooded and you don't believe your seller or have any sympathy for his situation? Should he have contacted you quicker - yes. But you have been very nasty about this whole situation. Sometimes sellers make the worst buyers. And, as an aside - UPS takes 8 days to ship from coast to coast. The post office can take as long as a month, for any class of shipping, if they set a package in a corner or sent it on the scenic route. There is no reason for you to declare that 7 days is the maximum. You are entirely incorrect.|||I suspect that the OP will understand 619bored's response. It fits with his angry and confrontational worldview.|||Sometimes sellers make the worst buyers. That is the sad sad truth. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...|||your seller should have contacted you yes but the seller did give you a choice of waiting or refund you picked refund...since the seller no longer has payment for this item they are trying to get their fees refunded they paid ebay when it sold again since you wanted the refund you should allow the seller to have his/her refund and agree to cancel. Whether the seller contacted you in what you consider a timely manner or not should have no impact on whether they get a refund for an item that they don't have payment for. As a seller yourself I'm sure you understand you wouldn't want ebay keeping your fees on an item that you no longer have payment for."This must be Thursday, said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, I never could get the hang of Thursdays."|||and honestly I wouldn't consider your feedback left to be true at all! You didn't have to threaten to get a refund the seller offered before you ever threatened. Threatening the seller was definitely confrontational when she OFFERED you a refund."This must be Thursday, said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, I never could get the hang of Thursdays."|||have already gotten a refund for this item, what is the point of this 'cancel transaction' case, and can I just decline it since it's already been cleared up or what is the deal with it? To tell ebay that the deal has been cancelled,you have been refund so they should repay the seller the final value fees they charged I don't want to issue the seller a refund for my refund you know? It has NOTHING to do with the money you were refunded-the money seller is trying to get back is from Ebay.It may not be your fault but it is your responsibility Silver rule "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you"|||As a seller yourself I'm sure you understand It's obvious OP does not understand or even care to. Just one more seller taking his frustrations out on another seller. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...

No comments:

Post a Comment