Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Please let it be a stolen dvd and not a bootleg

Brain Fart I guess. I bought a new dvd box set for $71 a week after it was released. What was I thinking. This price is below the wholesale price. How do sellers sell things for less? Any other options other than bootleg or fell off a truck?You are entitled to your own opinions; but you're not entitled to your own facts|||Actually, you were the high bidder on the set. The seller might have thought that the bidding would be driven up to something more in line with the market price of this set. Then again, it is possible someone gave it to them and they didn't want it, so they listed it. But it looks like the going rate here is generally about $65-80 from US sellers, and many of those listings, via Fixed Price. That does seem a bit low. Maybe it carried a really cheap wholesale price? It's probably not a bootleg. They look like a good US seller.|||I checked ahead and decided they looked like a good seller. What is bothering me is that this dvd set hasn't been out even 2 weeks.You are entitled to your own opinions; but you're not entitled to your own facts|||Is it possible that the seller has access to wholesale items? I'm not as familiar with DVDs, but I do sell used books on another venue. Most of my inventory comes from thrift stores. Granted I live in a big city, but I regularly find new books at the thrift store. Sometimes they;re advance reader copies, but often I see books that have Costco or Borders pricetags on them, and appear to have never been read. Just throwing another possible option out there along with the possibility that the seller listed a gift or duplicate item. Or perhaps the seller took a risk that the item would bid above the retail price?|||Should clarify, the new books are also new in terms of publication date.|||All of these things were legitimate reasons for someone to be selling this for a low price. What is now kinda bothering me is that it was released March 23rd. and listed mere days later. That's an awful quick turnaround.You are entitled to your own opinions; but you're not entitled to your own facts|||I don't think there is nothing wrong here. The seller looks to be a dvd and cd seller so he probably gets copies in early but can't sell until a certain release date and they are getting it at a discount for being a legit dealer. I've found it as cheap as $49.99 online so we know that seller is making money on it and this ebay seller started it only $5.00 less so i don't see a problem. Most of them online that I found were around $79.00. With this seller and what I found online I think you are getting a good legit dvd.|||I sell brand new, "released yesterday" stuff all the time. I put up listings last night for items that will arrive today, that the public has never seen before. Wait until you get it before making a judgement.|||Whoa! So those are going for $181.49 new on the River, and used ones there are $887.99 and $888.00...? But other new ones there are as low as $114.39. WTF? I hope it IS stolen.|||James - I saw the 887.99 and 888.00 listings, too - I have to think they meant to list at 87.99 (and 88.00). If not... WTF indeed.|||Nah. I sell used books on The River, and for some odd reason, that is a strategy some sellers there use. Maybe they're counting on the River running out of stock? I have NO idea who the wackos are who buy from the sellers who use this strategy, but I see it often. More fun than the penny sellers there, at least! And on the flip side, I've seen items that sell for a penny Over There going for MUCH more than thought here.|||I'm scratching my head wondering why it would be better to received stolen CD's than bootleg ones. Either way, I would be a receiver of stolen goods.|||Someone has mentioned on the boards more than once that a very large portion of the DVD's sold on Ebay are fake.||||||

No comments:

Post a Comment