Monday, July 26, 2010

Can sellers have more than one user id?

I found a seller selling under two completely different ids. They will not say they are one in the same - but they made a mistake and sent me an email reply from the other seller id. I thought that you could only have one seller id and if it changed - it would show that you had changed your id. Thanks for your replies and help with this question.|||you can have as many as you like, as long as you have a different email address for each I think I'm up to 6 now...|||cryptic*cat is correct, OP...|||Any one can have as many IDs as they have e-mail addresses.. . Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow!|||You can change an id, or you can add an id-- either is OK. But if you add an id, no one will know the new id is you unless, like your seller, you make a mistake that reveals it.|||You can have as many user IDs as you want, they just can NOT interact with each other such as bid on each other's auctions. Big Azzz and Proud! Fill Her Up! Jack D makes ya silly!|||Buyers can have multiple ids too!|||Yes I can see the benefit in having at east two or three ids. On to sell. anoter to buy and a third to post - However how can that be setup - would you also need three different email addresses? As a bidder & seller you need two different bank accounts - one to pay for bids and another to deposit sales?the-gray-squirrel|||would you also need three different email addresses? Yes, that is the only thing that needs to be different. You can use the same paypal account for all of your ids. Many sellers have different ids for different categories, as well. I am a Bomb Technician If you see me running, try to keep up!I am a Bomb Technician If you see me running, try to keep up!|||eBay allows a seller or buyer to have as many User Accounts as they wish to setup. The only limiter is, the user must have a different email address for each ebay user account. The eBay user must use their real name, address and telephone number on each account. If the User has selling accounts and accepts PayPal. All his selling accounts must use the a single PayPal account. (PayPal rules only allow a user to have 2 PayPal accounts. 1 Business and 1 Personal)Just so you know. If one account is suspended, all the other accounts, for that user, will be suspended.When you finally, are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.Watch Out for, oncoming trains.|||The eBay user must use their real name, address and telephone number on each account. Although, there is no way for ebay to verify this info. We've seen many a posting ids of suspended posters popping up on different ids and probably created under different names & addresses. I am a Bomb Technician If you see me running, try to keep up!I am a Bomb Technician If you see me running, try to keep up!|||I can only keep track of 1 ID lol I don't know how people have tons of them. I don't need to get anymore lost then I already am lol ____________________________________________________ Married mom of 2 girls just trying to survive!____________________________________________________ ~Precious Jewelry Store~|||i have 2 ids. I can buy and sell on bolth. I just can't buy things from myself or bid on my own items|||I'm glad to see that buyers can have more than one ID. I've been having a problem with a seller who doesn't seem to answer emails in regards to an item I purchased a month ago. I just wanted a confirmation number for a computer so that I would have an idea when to expect it. I even complained to ebay and was given their contact information. That didn't seem to work. Since my purchase they have changed their phone number and we called and left a message twice but still nothing. I used another ID and asked a question about something else they were selling and got an immediate response. Guess they just wanted to earn some quick cash. At least when I do business with other online stores they wait until the merchandise is sent before they charge my credit card.|||I have just been trying to find out when one of my items would arrive, as there is no tracking information listed, and had not received anything from the seller. As I looked through my folders in Outlook, I came across a paypal receipt where Id paid for the item, and noticed something that seemed strange. I looked and found this (as I am new to the boards) post and wondered the same thing... Finding that a seller is allowed to have more than one Id, but my question is this.. Can a seller have different IDs, same paypal address, and different shipping addresses?? I ask because all 5 items on this receipt are from one paypal address, but 5 id's and some are shipping from GA in US, some from Hong Kong. As I checked another receipt, I found the same thing on another 3 itams.. Same paypal address, but different shipping areas of the world, different IDs? Should I be concerned with this, or is this simply something that happens? It just seems strange to me, that my items are shipping from one paypal address but far too many locations...

No comments:

Post a Comment