Tuesday, July 27, 2010

NEED ADVICE! Bought laptop that isn't working, what do I do??

A few weeks ago I bought a refurbished laptop computer that came with a 60 day warranty. It worked for a few days, but now it seems that the hard drive has failed because we just cannot get it working again. I tried emailing the seller to ask for a RMA number for an exchange, but with no response. Finally I filed a PayPal dispute, and the seller responded by giving me a phone number to call. I called and they basically told me that I need to remove my PayPal dispute first, and THEN they'll see about helping me, maybe putting me in touch with tech support. What should I do here? That just seems fishy to me; if I remove my PayPal claim how will I get my money back if they prove uncopperative? Help!!!! All I want is either a working computer or my money back!|||DO NOT close your PayPal dispute. In fact, at this point, I'd escalate it to a claim. PayPal will tell you to send the laptop back and make sure you buy Delivery Confirmation. As soon as the DC shows it was delivered, PayPal will process your refund. I repeat, DO NOT close your dispute with PayPal.|||Not only get delivery confirmation, but if the item is over $250.00 make sure you get a signature also.|||Thanks for your advice. That's sort of what I thought. I hate to file a claim but I just don't know what else to do, and I can't afford to throw away my money on a computer that doesn't work.|||Do not close the dispute. NO NO NO never fall for that line|||Escalate the claim and prepare to return the laptop WITH signature confirmation when paypal tells you to. You will get your money back, but it will take a while. Be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment