Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Still pay for won item that has been relisted?

So I won an item 5 days ago knowing the seller expected payment in 3-4 days. The day I won the item I transferred funds from my bank account to my paypal account not knowing it will take 3-5 days for the funds to cleared by paypal. (I'm new to ebay and paypal) So I immediately sent the seller a message stating that it might take longer for him to recieve the payment and got no response in return, so I assumed it was fine. Now I see the item has been relisted so I sent him another message about the situation. I'm not sure if he will respond, but I would like to get a definitive answer before I make my $400+ payment. So should I still pay? Thanks!||||||I said I was new to using Paypal and ebay. Geez. See, this is why your response sucks for people looking for an actual answer. Ignore.|||You bid, you won and you did not pay. Your seller should report you as a Non Paying Bidder, get enough strikes and you are done. You have already cost your seller a good chunk of change in Final Value Fees already paid to eBay. Why are you checking your seller's auctions and assuming that the seller relisted the item? It is possible that the seller has more than one (the seller has been selling in this category for awhile). While I disagree with the seller's communication (you deserve a clear answer), it is possible that the seller wants to avoid an unpleasant experience by simply moving on. Yes, I understand that you are new but it is your responsibility to read up on the rules BEFORE participating. Meaning, if you are going to buy, learn how to pay FIRST. Geez, eBay sucks for sellers.|||Okay, it's not a one of a kind item, the seller probably just relisted another one, they've sold a lot of different Welch Allyn sets. Yes, go ahead and pay. It hasn't been that long and they obviously haven't filed a non-paying bidder report. In the future either - • Transfer the $$ to Paypal ahead of time. • Just pay and let the money transfer itself as an eCheck, or • If you have a back up funding source the money will come from your bank as an instant payment!|||tealeaves, if you saw the "An item you've been watching has been relisted" notice, that's because sellers use re-list to sell an exact same or similar item, not always the exact one that you purchased. They do that instead of selling all of them at once, space out the auctions and get better bids.|||Like everyone said, "there's nothing you have to do". Just hit the Pay button. It's all automatic. You probably used your checking account to set-up your Paypal account. That give's Paypal permission to pull from your checking account anytime you purchase anything.|||Thanks guys!! Good advice. It was indeed a relisting of the same item which the seller had multiple units to sell. And to James, thanks for your kind words and don't worry, I'm still here

No comments:

Post a Comment