Monday, July 26, 2010

paid for item; seller backing out

First off I won the item & paid for it right after auction end. A few hours later the seller left a message saying "I'm sorry but I'm not willing to let these go, I never thought these items would sell for $, they are almost $$ (which was quite a bit over what was stated in her listing) I thought I had a reserve set on this." So I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe it was a mistake and hoped we could agree on a price (new to ebay didn't know that they can't ask for more money after auction end). She sent a message telling me what she'll let it go for and I told her I'd give her a little more (to show I was really interested). That was a few days ago and I can't get in contact with her; in which, I have left 3 different messages and I haven't received a refund so I do not know what to do. Another thing is I looked up her feedback again (which use to be a 100%) and another person has had the same problem at the same time. The two listings were ending right next to each other. I can see doing it on one listing, but suddenly there is another. I'm an understanding person, but I've had no contact to let me know her decision. I just don't know how to proceed.|||She cannot change the price after the end of the listing. She is breaking the rules. Do not deal with her any more. File an Item Not Received claim through Paypal. it will take a couple of weeks or so, but youw ill get a full refund of your money. File a Non-Performing Seller report on her also; That will put a black mark on her record, as wil the INR claim. Give her negative feedback. Don't do the Detailed Seller Ratings, as you never got the item so you cannot be accurate on those. Well, you could ding the Communication star since she has refused to answer your emails. Feedback is the last thing you do - don't rush it, you have 60 days from the time you purchased. Save it in case the circumstances change.|||Feedback is the last thing you do - don't rush it, you have 60 days from the time you purchased. Save it in case the circumstances change. I don't see anything changing, as the OP said this Seller has done this to others Last Feed back for the Seller is a red donut >> Don't waste your time-Seller won't complete transaction if winning bid 'too low' which was left on the 5th I would leave 1's in all the DSR stars .Delivery Confirmation is confirmation of delivery, not tracking.|||All ones on the DSRs is not appropriate. OP has no idea what the condition of the item is or whether the shipping price is appropriate. If the item is not shipped, then you could stretch the meaning of shipping time to be included, but I still thin it doesn't fit. Clearly communication is deserving of a bad mark. Use the DSRs the way they are meant to be used, not just as a club to hit someone with.|||As to changing circumstances, feedback should always be held off until everything is finished. There is no reason to rush it. Maybe the seller will figure things out and have a change of heart. Not likely but possible. However, leaving feedback until the end allows for wording that covers the entire process.|||OP, Sellers remorse is as common as buyers remorse. As I and many others always say you cant make a buyer pay and you cant make seller sell. You can however file Seller Not Performing, and leave appropriate feedback. Just keep in mind more and more sellers avoid and block buyers who leave poor feedback for sellers.|||feedback should always be held off until everything is finished Agreed. You want your feedback to reflect the entire transaction, including any details regarding a dispute if one has to be filed. Someone pass me an explanation and a Tanq on the rocks please ...|||She contacted me and would like me to send her the difference through paypal. Should I continue with it after I offered or is it best to file a complaint because I wouldn't want to be marked down if I backed out? Or just ask for a refund and be done with it?||||||Seller is NOT allowed to ask you for more money after the auction ends. File this report against the seller: Link choose Problems with Sellers, then choose Seller Asked For Additional Fees (Auction Ended), click on Continue and then Email Us IF you don't receive your widget or a refund then logon to PayPal and file an Item Not Received Dispute. You cannot be "marked down" this seller is in violation. FYI, paying in two payments for one item voids Buyer Protection Policy with PayPal. Do not send this seller any more money.|||||||||Sure the appropriate way to grade is to ding the correct stars. But the overwhelming majority of people that have a bad experience will ding ALL stars. Weather people here will admit it or not, that's the way the majority feels about it. Item as described- poor, since the auction indicated that an item for sale exists and it does not. Communication- poor, violates rules and does not issue immediate refund or even respond quickly. Shipping time- poor, since seller plans on shipping never. Shipping cost- poor, anything is too much to pay for an item that will never ship.|||Sure the appropriate way to grade is to ding the correct stars. But the overwhelming majority of people that have a bad experience will ding ALL stars. Weather people here will admit it or not, that's the way the majority feels about it. Would you jump off a bridge if the "overwhelming majority" did it? Sheep or shepherd, the choice is yours. I'd like to see the evidence of this majority. It has not been my experience as a buyer or a seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment