Monday, July 26, 2010

Item SNAD & Return Policy

I won an item, June 10th, and paid for it using PayPal as soon as I won. The item arrived today and it has chips which were not mentioned in the listing. The liner was listed as being steel but is aluminum. When I contacted the seller he replied with an offer to return half of my bid and said, "I am legally obligated to do nothing for you as the time for returns has passed." His return policy is, "Item must be returned within: 7 Days." I didn't receive the item until today, June 19th. He also complained about the amount of shipping I paid saying, "Additionally, did you check the USPS shipping amount label to notice that I actually spent more money shipping your item than I charged you for shipping? That USPS shipping price does not even include my gas going to the post office, the USPS regulation shipping tape I used taping up your box which the rolls cost $4.00 and I used half a roll." I paid the amount he listed in the auction as the shipping costs. I've had several transactions on eBay but I've never had anything like this happen before. Could some of the experts here please share some advice? Many thanks!"She was not quite what you would call refined ... She was not quite what you would call unrefined ... She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."Mark Twain 1835-1910|||File SNAD and escalate to a claim. When you win, you will get a full refund and only have to pay return shipping costs. Seller will learn that Paypal ignores the listed return policy for SNAD items.|||"Additionally, did you check the USPS shipping amount label to notice that I actually spent more money shipping your item than I charged you for shipping? That USPS shipping price does not even include my gas going to the post office, the USPS regulation shipping tape I used taping up your box which the rolls cost $4.00 and I used half a roll." I usually cringe when I see sellers post this type of thing on the boards, but it is worse yet that one actually emails this to a buyer. It is the sellers responsibility to figure out the cost to ship an item. If their estimate falls short, they shouldn't turn around and use it as an excuse for sending a substandard item. OP, if you wish to keep the item, then accept the partial return offer. However, I would at the very least leave Neutral FB for this seller. If you wish to return the item, file a SNAD as suggested. Keep in mind that PayPal will require you to ship the item back at your expense and you will need to make sure you add Delivery Confirmation to the shipping. What eBay was meant to be|||Sometimes when a buyer receives their item, has a problem and are disappointed, they may not be as friendly when contacting their seller. Some sellers may be on the defensive after that first email and think they did a good job in getting the widget to the buyer. I have had a few buyers act very rude after receiving an item that may have been damaged during shipment or if they did not read the item description thoroughly and didn't see the flaws that were listed. Sometimes the buyer doesn't give time to receive a reply, they jump all over the seller in the first email. There are two sides to every story. JMO|||doc457 WHY are you resurrecting and replying to a posing from Jun 19, 2007 6:39 PM|||LOL! That actually has the words "June 10th" in the first few words! Talk about a clue! (It's April, btw.) Talk about not reading the OP at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment