Tuesday, July 27, 2010

if you ever auctioned off a hot item,you know the excitement

of the last second bidding,and how quickly the numbers can jump! i have been thinking about asking the winner his method, but really am not sure if it appropriate. ..anyone ever ask?|||It's called sniping. Lots of buyers do it.|||Best to use automated software to do it or you may run into "buyers feeeze" due to your excitement and you will lose.|||People ask the boardies here all the time I'll let the software users speak for themselves but I'm an all-manual sniper.. Determine my total max bid in advance, usually by extensive comparison shopping first so there's no regrets later(!), writing it down to see it in black & white, and just turn off any music/TV, tell the kids to shut up, and hold my breathe and count down the seconds, only minimally relying on the clock. Cache/cookies cleared, have the max typed in in advance and hit place bid with about 8 seconds left and submit bid at about 3 seconds left. Is that what you're asking?|||James nailed it, but I actually start with a minute left. I open a few tabs and bid different prices so that you are on the submit page. With about 10 secs left, I go tab to tab and submit. I use this method so that the price won't go up too much if not needed. (E.g., if the bid is currently $30, I would bid $31.60, $34, $36.20. That way, if the high bidder had bid $31.50, my bid would only go up to $31.60 and not $32.50.) I also view the bids to see if the last bid was a high bid or not. (I.e., If the last two bids were two different bidders and it was $31 and $31.50, I know that the $31.50 is the highest the person bid since increments above $25 go up by $1.)|||Huh? Just bid your max once, and late. That way "the price won't go up too much if not needed" for certain! A nibbler with a minute to go is still a nibbler.|||Wish I could be like you James - I cheat and use Auctionsniper! CandyA Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of "up to and including their life"!|||yea james..|||Just bid your max once, and late. That way "the price won't go up too much if not needed" for certain! A nibbler with a minute to go is still a nibbler. Yes. The most important thing is, DON'T BE AFRAID TO LOSE. Unless you are bidding on a "one of a kind" another auction will roll by again soon enough. If you keep that in mind eventually you will win at a reasonable price or you will discover that the item you want sells for more than you are willing to pay.|||its been fun! thanks...i dont do much bidding, but some of the stuff i auctioned off (maybe one of a kind) were fun watching.|||

No comments:

Post a Comment