Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A neg. or neut.; what is the real deal.

Request for guidance; seller's description page said " usually ships in 3 days " . I paid immediately. It took almost 2 weeks to mail only after I sent three emails. When the order arrived it was short one item. I filed a claim due to the lack of response to emails asking for what I paid for. The response I got was that the missing items would be sent shortly then another email saying a refund would be processed ; it was and I got the money for the missing item. This was hardly a positive experience but 6 negs would have a neg effect on the sellers rating but, I sure had to spend a lot of time emailing and waiting for a response to protect my investment and thought the seller was not professional . The question is ; would a neut. hurt as much a neg as I have read about.||||||I would positives for the ones that you got and MAYBE a neutral for the missing one. Since there were problems with communication and shipping time you could ding those stars. I wouldn't leave less than a 3. I don't see a reason to neg every transaction. I;m strictly a buyer and that's what I'd probably do. Negs are reserved for REALLY bad situations. CandyA Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of "up to and including their life"!|||2 weeks without correspondence deserves at least a neutral, unless it was followed by an apology. Personally, I'd leave all neutrals, and I'd clearly state why - slow to ship, no communication, missing item, unprofessional. Since you did get your items and refund, I'd be very hesitant to leave a negative.|||would a neut. hurt as much a neg as I have read about Neutrals count against the seller's buyer satisfaction percentage. They do not hurt the seller's FB score.|||sometimes messages do not always go through on a timely matter.I have sold a item that had some issues that I had overlooked and the buyer emailed me and I reponded asap but she never got my messages for about 1 week and she did Neg me cause she didn't get my response that I had offered her a full refund and to keep the item, so when she finally did see the message she retracted her comments SO I guess what I'm saying is that more than once messages don't always go right through and that a NEG really hurts the seller, I would give a Neutral and just ding the stars.|||Give a Neutral, they did work with you but just not in a timely matter and maybe they had some emergency or personal issue, life happens and things happen|||First, it is good of you to ask for advice in this case. Speaks volumes of you as a good buyer here. We respect the right for buyers to leave whatever opinion they feel is justified. We only hope such justification is based on actual occurance (has a factual basis which can then be actually addressed and corrected), vice considered as a nothing more than a retaliatory tool. When used as the latter (and sadly, all too often), it actually serves a negative purpose as bad for buyers as it is for sellers. It will aleniate the seller - possibly eliminate them - reducing the number of items available for purchase in the long run, and eventually actually raising prices for those remaining as supply decreases. Also, other sellers need to then increase profits to make up for loss of discount potential given the proclivity of buyers who actually DO treat FB and DSRs as their club du jour whenever they 'feel' the least bit put upon irregardless of applicable fact. OPs posted circumstances however actually do seem to have a factual basis. Therefore whatever FB seems justified to them can be considered appropriate and without guilt, when considering if it will 'hurt' the seller. Responding to the specific question, a neutral for the experience seems reasonable, based on the fact it wasn't an overall 'positive experience' - but also that the buyer actually does not report a measurable loss based on eventual seller response to 'correct' the issues (albeit they were slow and 'unprofessional'). Hope that helps.--------------------------------- Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - - Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment