Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Items not as described - What to do?

So I purchased a pair of used headlights for my car to pass inspection. It was a decent price and the seller had 100% positive feedback so I gave it a shot. I get the headlights and open them up today (I've been out of town for a couple weeks) and they're in the described condition but not matching. The are lenses that are different material and it looks off. I figure one is out of like a 2002 and the other 2004. I've tried to contact the seller and will give him a day or two to get back to me. In the interim, I reread the item page and confirmed there is nothing there that describes this blatent difference. Also, the picture doesn't show it (so obviously not a genuine pic of the item) What concerns me is that he might add something to the sale page to describe the difference. Is it possible that he can to that at this point? I just want to make sure that same picture stays there and the lack of information. He's claimed to take them out of a BMW M5, which may be true, however it wasn't the same M5. Is it possible for the seller to edit the page at this point?|||He can not change the ended listingIt may not be your fault but it is your responsibility Silver rule "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you"|||"What concerns me is that he might add something to the sale page to describe the difference. Is it possible that he can to that at this point? " NO it is not possiblefor seller to do this. Once a bid is received on an auction, Ebay's system will only allow a seller to add to the listing, not revise or delete any info. If the seller does not respond, file with Ebay for SNAD = significantly not as described). IF you return the item either directly (seller's urging) or instructed by Ebay , you must use delivery confirmation (under $250 value) OR Signature Confirmation if over $250 value. Both situations would require you prove the return to the seller.|||Ebay's Buyer Protection Link|||Be aware you have 45 days from the date of payment to file with Ebay OR Paypal.(not both) Nothing shows recent you your bid/purchase history for the item? When did the auction end?|||Estcoast, You must have another ID because the item does not show in your history. I have to ask myself though, What is wrong with you? You are buying used headlights to pass inspection? What does it matter if they match? If they work you pass! They may have come out of a single m5 whose owner had a replacement light from an aftermarket mfgr.. installed. If they work and you pass you got what you wanted, so give the seller a positive feedback and move on. Sheesh. Next time go to a parts store and get matching lights instead of buying used ones on line.~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I did not sell you my opinion|||I too will make it clear the sellers CANNOT change ended listings in any way, So what you see now, is what you saw then, You can file a SNAD, and most likely you will win, as long as its within 45 days of the auction ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment