Monday, July 26, 2010

IGNORE BUTTON FOR SELLERS??

We should have a "Ignore" button when we are searching to buy - there is so much "crap" from stores that just list hundreds it seem of the SAME items - or just to be able to ignore sellers we don't like or don't like there terms (whatever it is) - like a seller I ran across looking for furniture feet - and for 1 leg it was 7.95 shipping - well I need 4 and they would fit in a priority med flat rate box for like what ? 10.00 or so - but it would have cost me around 30.00 for shipping only!. It would make thing SO much easier. For example: I was searching for sofa slipcovers and there is a TON of just "swatches" of fabric samples in there that I would have liked to be able to "ignore". Maybe some day soon ebay may add that........|||You can exclude certain sellers by using the advanced search page. That page allows you to set filters including: the seller's ID (if you have an certain seller/store you don't want to see), price, listing format, limited shipping options (free or not), items in lots, items on sale, distance, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Mind you this only works for individual searches. It's not a site-wide preference. Still it's handy for saved searches, or bookmarked searches that you run occasionally.friends Director,|||Lazy..., If your searches are turning up too many ancillary items, you need to refine it more. Example ( sofa slip covers, micro fiber, rounded armrest) If your first search shows 1,985 items found, then start refining, you next might only return 618 items, etc, etc.~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I did not sell you my opinion|||I know what he means. There is a vendor or two who sells my items I like, but they write deceptive ads and price their goods too high. I would rather not have to see photos of their merchandise. So saved advanced searches is the only way? Well, at least there is a way! lazy, when you search fabric, you can use the minus symbol (-) to remove ad titles containing certain words from your search e.g.: cotton sofa slipcover -swatches -velour.... and on and on. Do an initial search using words you want, then start eliminating ads that are cluttering up the page by using the minus symbol.|||wow - Thanks ya'll! I will try some of those tips - it will help alot!|||cool! I tried it with the minus sign - never knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment