Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shipping time changed.

I won and paid for a $5 book on 3/24 and the estimated delivery time stated for media mail, via shipment info when I won, was 2-9 days after handling time. I received an email to my personal email address from the seller a week after winning the book stating that the book was shipped on 3/26 and that the shipping would actually take anywhere from 2-4 weeks and to contact them only if the book hasn't arrived by 4/23. Is this change in shipping time normal? I understand that the media mail shipping time stated at the time of win said it was only an estimated time, but is it normal to receive personal non ebay contact from the seller changing the shipping time and requesting non contact until after that time? I'm fairly new to buying and selling on here and genuinely don't know....|||You're confusing shipping time with delivery time. The seller shipped in 2 days, just as promised (2-9 days). The time for media mail to be in transit to you and then delivered is 2-4 weeks.|||The item description says the seller will ship within one day of receiving payment. Then because it goes Media Mail (which might as well be Slow Turtle), it should take "3-10 business days after seller receives cleared payment." Seller likely has been having trouble with books or other items going by Media Mail taking much longer than the USPS says they do. This is pretty normal for Media Mail. Here's the thing. You have until 45 days after you pay to open a case with PayPal/eBay if there's a problem. What I would do is, sit back, read another book, and don't stress about this one. If you had needed it faster, the time to request that would have been BEFORE purchasing. And please don't punish the seller if he shipped it within his Terms of Service (TOS.) The one thing I would do, if I were you, is ask if he sent it with Delivery Confirmation, bearing in mind that DC is NOT a tracking number, and sometimes things don't get scanned in until they are actually DELIVERED. But sometimes a DC number will show when the seller shipped. Not always, but sometimes. Can't hurt to ask. Seller requesting non-contact doesn't seem very friendly, fwiw...||||||I'm not too worried about it, I was just wondering if it was normal. I do need the book for school but I have already read it and was just getting it again for review. Thanks for the info!|||eBay tries to spin everything. I'm guessing that it has been this seller's experience that people start emailing at day 3 asking where the widget is. eBay said 3 to 10 days, so since it's been 3 days it should be here? Right? But in reality, media mail in 3 days is the exception. I'm in Oregon, if I ship MM to Florida, I would expect 3 weeks. During a peak season like Christmas, MM may not even move at all ( Media Mail goes on the trucks on a space available basis only. If the truck is full, Media Mail sits there until the truck isn't full. Even if it's sat there for weeks already.)You are entitled to your own opinions; but you're not entitled to your own facts|||Thanks orc, I have never had experience with media mail so I wasn't sure exactly how that worked.....and of course, as the story goes, the second I opened my mouth (or discussion in this case) the book arrives early. Needless to say I will be leaving positive feedback||||||Another mountain out of a molehill.

No comments:

Post a Comment