Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seller Mutually Refunded Bid Items but Pay Now remains on top:

(thebalsastore) refunded to my PayPal Account all 7 items I bid on and won the bids for. The reason he refunded my money is because he grouped a set of 3 bids and another group of 2 bid items together and invoiced me with reduced shipping invoices. The last two bids of the 7 items he invoiced separately and did not combine for reduced shipping. He does state down below his listings "I do not combine shipping". Yet he chose to do so on the group of 3 and the group of 2 items he actually did combine. I clicked on pay for the items and a total invoice appeared showing the combined shipping of the 3 and 2 items and gave me a total amount due. I paid the $110.88 with PayPal. He sent me a message and billed me an additional $34.95 and would not ship unless I paid this additional amount. I replied to him since he actually sent me 3 invoices for the first 3 items that were grouped finally as 3 items on the last invoice for those three items that he combined the shipping for, as well as the group of 2 items which he did the same thing for. He invoiced first one item, then the second invoice contained the original item plus one additional, and the 3rd invoice grouped the first and second items along with the 3rd item of which all 3 items had just one combined shipping fee. He did the same thing with the 2 items he grouped together. I was concerned with all these invoices and his drew back his invoiced of the grouping of those 3 and 2 items. I replied to him and gave him two possible solutions to resolve the matter. I said either he could send me the items I won as I paid his invoice in full, or he could cancel each and every invoice he sent to me and refund my money. He replied back and told me that since it took me so many hours to go over the invoices and try to figure out what was going on, he would rather refund my money than deal with a person like me. which I am copying and pasting below for your review. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dear flyboydale54, Dale we seem to have a problem here with the EBAY invoices.. your total purchases with shipping charges amounts to $145.83 you sent a total of $110.88 therefore you still owe 34.95 most of which is shipping charges as each item was charged shipping as stated in the description that I do not combine shipping Please send the additional 34.95 by paypal and I will have your items shipped on MOnday upon payment being posted to Paypal I will send you a Paypal invoice Sorry for the confustion Please email me your phone number as these are going to ship FEDEX and I need a physical address and phone number thank you - thebalsastore" ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He refunded my $110.88 in full to my PayPal Account and did so under each of the 7 items separately. That is fine with me. However, under these items under my Won Category, it says at the top of the 7 items he refunded, the new price with shipping listed separately of $63.88 + shipping of $81.95 for these 7 bids of Balsa Wood totaling $145.83 and says "Pay Now". He re-listed the items and sold them, which is fine with me, but my question and concern is how do I remove the part at the top where it says pay now? Since I do not owe him any money, I am afraid this will result in some action against me from E-bay for not paying this part where it says "Pay Now" above the 7 items in my Won Category. I do not want to get any cases opened on me for non-payment. The only part I really want removed is the part where it gives a new amount and says Pay Now. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to this issue? I have been a member for a few years on E-bay, but only as a buyer, and I just received my blue star certificate of buying 50 items. I just need to know if this can in any way jeopardize my E-bay Account, or if I should just ignore it. My experience in the past is not to expect anything to go away or be resolved by ignoring it. I am not sure either how I get the answers from this community and am not sure how to get back to this Post. I wish the answers could be emailed to me. Thanks, flyboydale54|||Your seller chose to refund you. Once this was done, the Items Won on your MY Ebay page will once again/revert to show the items need to be paid. This DOES NOT mean you need to repay. Your MY Ebay page is for your eyes and record only. It has no effect in this case on your acct. Just either ignore or mark the item(s) paid. Your seller will likely ask you via email Ebay alert to "mutual cancel" the transaction. You should agree, so the seller can recoop his Final Value Fees charged by Ebay for the listing. It costs the seller money to list and again , if the items sells. It sounds like the description was clear, the seller does not combine S&H. Somehow , the invoices were altered/combined in error either by the seller or more likely Ebay.|||Mark them as paid, and if the seller says he won't combine items, believe him.|||Delete them from your won items listIt may not be your fault but it is your responsibility Silver rule "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you"

No comments:

Post a Comment