Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Best offer accepted by seller but he increased the shipping cost ?

Hello all, I've made an offer for an 99 pound priced item. The shipping price was 18 pounds. The seller accepted my offer which was just 45 pounds Anyway everything looks great till now. Because the seller incresed the shipping cost from 18 to 28 pounds. I don't want to pay 28 pounds for shipping. Ebay tells me that i have an unpaid item, i contacted the seller about shipping cost and asked if he could lower the shipping price. No replies yet I am obliged to pay 45+28 : 73 in total according to ebay. I don't want to pay extra 10 pounds for the shipping. What can i do in this situation ? Regards, Sinan.|||The 18 pounds for shipping is only for Europe you are located in Turkey hence the extra charge. It states to contact seller for shipping quote outside of Europe.|||Last I heard, Turkey was considered to be part of Europe (or at least part of it...)?|||Turkey is in Europe continent but it's not a E.U country. If Europe continent is only limited with EU countries, then i am false here.|||It looks like the shipping calculator in the item's shipping tab does not include Turkey as one of the countries included in the calculation, so you may be out of luck... Perhaps you could get the seller's phone number from the contact information link and call.|||Pay it. You live too far away from the seller.|||Pay it. You live too far away from the seller.|||Sorry but i can't pay 28 pounds for shipping. It is a lot of money, equal to 40 u.s dollars.||||||did they increase it on the invoice after you won? if so - they can't do that - its against ebay policy. You need to write them and ask for the invoice with the amount of shipping that was stated on the listing when you won. Just because they write something on their listing - is not enforcable. You should only have to pay what was showed on the listing at the time you won.|||sounds like they are trying to make up for the lower offer by sneaking in higher shipping.|||The shipping was 18 pounds when i made my offer, the next day i saw that my 45 pounds offer was accepted but the shipping cost increased from 18 to 28 So the total cost became 73 pounds. I wonder if any of you offending me here would ever want to pay 28 pounds of shipping cost to a 45 pound item. Be honest. I asked the seller to send me " cancel transaction request " he said, it's ok. I am still waiting for the cancel request.|||Receieved cancel transaction request from seller. Problem is solved. This is been another lesson of not buying or offering before i make sure that my country is listed in shipping info.

No comments:

Post a Comment