Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seller backing out of auction

A Seller left me this message on my PayPal account. "Hello. Both my FedEx and UPS stores are trying to charge me way more to ship this than they should. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to refund you instead of pay the exuberant fees. Thanks." He left no messages in EBAY, and the refund he is trying to do is with ECHECK (slow) I have left very few if any NEGATIVE feedback but this may be one. Any suggestions or comments? Thank you|||File a non performing seller complaint HereIt may not be your fault but it is your responsibility Silver rule "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you"|||"exuberant fees" ? LOL You can leave neutral or negative feedback. Calm factual feedback is more effective than exclamation points and name calling. In addition, you can express you opinion with Detailed Seller Ratings. Remember than ONE is the lowest rating. No rating is a free pass. Before you do either you should contact the seller and politely express your disappointment that he did not do his homework before listing the item and shipping fee. Don't mention feedback at this point. Just let him think... misfitfun makes a good point for him It may not be your fault but it is your responsibility|||I'd just neg. If they complain I'd offer to remove it if they send your item.|||Suspect there's going to be a lot more of this happening. New sellers will be trying their hand with the 100 free starting at 99 cents aren't really invested in NPS strikes, red donuts, stars, etc. If the price isn't right or they screwed up on shipping costs, they'll just bail out and say "the heck with it ."|||If the item is heavy, there was free shipping or there is some understandable situation, I'd be understanding and leave a positive "seller backed out of transaction b/c underestimated shipping" or the like. shipping fees really can be high at times and shocking IF you are a new seller. However, the whole echeck is just rude. That means that the seller already took your money and put it in his/her bank account. If you are really annoyed, I'd leave a neutral but not agree to cancel the transaction so that the seller eats the costs. femmefan gave great advice!|||The "e" check wasn't the sellers fault. It's Paypal policy and it sucks.|||Thank you all! The Seller still thinks he did nothing wrong. Wow with so few options I left negative feedback. I know this in only one small transaction but If EBAY does not police better and help the person who was wronged it will get less of my business. What is EBAY becoming ? Amazon?|||What would you like them to do?There is no practical way to force sellers to ship. If he garners enough non performing complaints and poor feedback ratings he will be restricted from selling.It may not be your fault but it is your responsibility Silver rule "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you"||||||Sounds like the underestimated the 414.99 shipping OR didn't get enough for the item, $4.99. The echeck refund seems like they took the money out of PP (or spent it) and are having to fund the refund from their bank account. Non-performing seller for sure, too late to file an INR if they set the refund in motion. I would've negged until the refund was complete though. But it's very obvious they were just trying to squirm out of the transaction one way or another.|||If EBAY does not police better and help the person who was wronged it will get less of my business. Wronged? He made a mistake and decided he couldn't afford to go in the hole for you. You could have been understanding or forgiving, but you chose not to. What more do you want from him? Blood?|||It's probably not legal to mail blood, so I'd settle for the freakin' golf club!!!!|||I want the putter. I won the auction per his rules (starting price and Shipping) I paid for it. He did not ship it. He quit. He is Non Performing seller. What else can I do? Thank you|||What else can I do? Search for the item and buy from another seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment