Monday, July 26, 2010

Buyers beware

There is a seller selling bicycles that is not honoring his listings offering full refund within 30 days.I bought a bike from them and reported a problem with the bike within a few days. I only had possession of the bike for 11 days and of the 11 it was boxed up for 5 while I waited to hear from them. I decided to go ahead and send it back because my time was limited and I didnt want the 30 days to run out....my son rode the bike no more than 5 times and the tires popped every time. Now they say the bike was torn up, and rusted when is was returned. The bike was kept indoors, no rust. The tires were flat but that was reported and why I sent it back. They are refusing to give a refund. Just wanted to warn you all. I gave them 5 star feedback and now this.....I am very disappointed. 4 family members gave money to my son for his birthday to buy that bike. Now he has no money or bike. We live on a limited income and now a business is screwing a child out of their birthday present/money. VERY SORRY BUSINESS.|||Did you ship the bike back with tracking that shows it has been delivered to the seller? If you do have tracking, you can file for Paypal Significantly not As Described dispute. After you filed the dispute, escalate it to claims immediately and give Paypal the tracking number.|||I went to paypal and it said to dispute it through ebay. I do have the tracking info but they said that the bike was torn up. It wasnt. I saved all the emails. I got the bike on the 11th. I wrote to them on the 15th to report the problem. I wrote again on the 18th and told them I was sending it back. I boxed it up on the 18th. I did not send it back until the 22nd because I was waiting to hear from them but decided to go ahead and send it because the listing said 30 days.... This really has me sick. This was a HUGE splurge for us.|||If or when the tracking numbers shows the bike delivered back to seller, call eBay or PayPal (whichever you filed the dispute through), give them the tracking number, inform them of the seller's return policy (30 days money back), and insist that you are refunded. They will refund your original payment.friends Director,|||I am very impressed with ebay right now. They have refunded the money through paypal. The business can appeal, I dont know how that would work. I hope that ebay gets the money from them.|||I'm glad it worked out for you. Me personally, I wouldn't have bid with this seller. My reasons: One stock photo. They even used a bad one besides. I want to see the actual pictures of the item i'm bidding on and preferrably more than 1. This also lets me know they have the product in hand. dropshipper. I want my seller to have actually seen the product and describe all the faults in it not show me a stock photo of it and only know what the company tells them how to describe it to you. Also they can take forever to ship it to you especially if they don't have it in stock. You also might not get the exact item if it is out of stock or discontinued, they have a habit of shipping a substitute item that usually isn't close to it. Bad feedback. In school, 99.6% might be good but here that is bad. I usually don't buy from any feedbacks that are less than 99.8% unless I research them at Toolhaus.org first to see if the feedback was deserved or not. Bad Toolhaus.org record. As mentioned above, i would research them at Toolhaus.org and you would have found they have a lousy reputation, so that would have chased me away. By avoiding 1 stock photo dropshippers and doing your research at Toolhaus.org first can really improve your buying experiance here and make your time here more worthwhile and enjoyable. Cheap price isn't everything here. There is usually a good reason why some sellers are alot cheaper than others. I'll spend a little more with the good sellers which are plentiful here. Good luck and welcome to ebay.|||Thanks for the advice. I have never heard of Toolhaus.org. I will definitely be using that from now on.|||fuzz~~I have a 99.6% but it is from 1 negative~~a buyer who threw the item away without contacting me 1st as I would have paid ALL shipping had she returned the item to me. 99.6% isn't always bad. I had been at 100% for over 1 1/2 years until I received that neg. I don't believe your advice to not buy from anyone with under a 99.8% is correct. If it's a power seller their 99.8% could include LOTS of negatives. For us small sellers all it takes is 1 neg to knock us under your acceptible percentage.|||What is toolhaus.org ?? how does this work?? thanks|||||||||What you said was that 99.6% is good in school but not acceptible to be an ebay seller~~you only buy from 99.8% or above. A power seller can be at 99.8% and have 10's of negatives in the last 30 days so not good advice.||||||I agree fuzz, it's always best to research the sellers. I reallt love toolhaus - it is a time saver and a half! Especially for big time sellers. CandyA Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of "up to and including their life"!|||99.8% with 11 negs in last month~~60 negs & 58 neutrals in the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment