Sunday, October 18, 2009

pthreadvc2.dll was not found ...

I try to open iTunes, and this error message pops up, labeled 'iTunes.exe - Unable To Locate Component'.

"This application has failed to start because pthreadVC2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have re-downloaded several versions of iTunes, yet each time when I click on either the icon or the list of search results, the same message shows up. This is all very frustrating and I just need some help in resolving it.

Recently, as I am not the only user of this computer, we found our files to be partially corrupted and/or infected, and my mother had a friend from her work clean it up. I have absolutely no clue what he did, and neither does she. Unfortunately, the only thing she cares about is her access to internet and Microsoft Word. I am at a loss for Ideas, and am in desperate need of aid.

Orignal From: pthreadvc2.dll was not found ...

No comments:

Post a Comment