Saturday, October 31, 2009

iTunes post-upgrade: "Required files ...

I just went through the process to install the latest upgrade, but there was some sort of problem with the installer. Rather than installing the upgrade, it apparently just deleted important files and then failed before replacing them. Now when I try to launch the program I get the message "iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes."

Here's my question: If I download and reinstall iTunes, will the installer be smart enough to recognize and preserve the good files that remain? I want to solve this in a manner that will maintain all my settings and file associations. Any help would be great.

Orignal From: iTunes post-upgrade: "Required files ...

No comments:

Post a Comment