Sunday, October 18, 2009

Itouch and Vista64 ...

When I connect my Itouch to the computer, I can see ITunesHelper running and it starts Itunes (I can see it in the task manager) but the Itunes screen never appears. I can not manually start Itunes either. If I disconnect my Itouch, then kill Itunes from the task manager, then I can manually start Itunes.

When I manually start Itunes, I get a message that says "The registry settings used by Itunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall Itunes".

I have tried to reinstall Itunes several times with no success. I tried both a repair and remove and install and had the same problems.

I am working on a brand new Dell computer and I also had a problem with Roxio Creator Home that it did not recognize the CD/DVD drives so I had to uninstall Roxio and re-install Roxio. I think Itunes worked before I re-installed Roxio. I am not sure if installing Itunes broke Roxio or not because the first time I tried Roxio, I had already installed Itunes. Are there incompatibility issues between Roxio and Itunes? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Orignal From: Itouch and Vista64 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment