Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Help with uninstall of itunes 9 vista 64 ...

I just built a new computer and installed iTunes. It installed without a clich, but when I connected my iPhone I would get an error in itunes, saying it could not connect to my iPhone because of the error "itunes cannot connect to this iphone because of a unknown error(0x8000065)". While troubleshooting the problem I noticed that I loaded the 32 bit version not the 64 bit version, so I removed itunes 32 bit version and loaded the 64bit version. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem so I started troubleshooting using apple's recommendations on their site. Well, I installed and ran the windows uninstaller program at one point and now itunes does not show up in the control panel. I called apple tech support and they suggested reloading itunes, well now it won't load and gives an error of "could not open key: UNKNOWN\components\DA...... verify that you have sufficient access to that key". But I am signed on as an administrator. Apple tech support said he couldn't help at this point and that I should contact microsoft.

Now I'm trying to uninstall itunes, but it isn't listed in the Control Panel or on the Win uninstaller program.

How can I uninstall itunes if it doesn't show up in the Control Panel?

Thanks,
Rob

Orignal From: Help with uninstall of itunes 9 vista 64 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment