Thursday, October 15, 2009

iTunes 9 install problem: software for ...

I downloaded and installed the update for iTunes 9 via apple software updater last night, and when I started iTunes I got the error "The software required for communicating with iPods and Mobile phones was not installed correctly. Do you want iTunes to try to repair this for you?" I click yes, and it says it couldn't fix the problem.

I followed the instructions here (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923) to completely uninstall itunes and quicktime and all supporting components, including mobileme and bonjour and then reinstalled iTunes9 using the setup file downloaded from apple.com. Still no luck! I get the same error when I start iTunes.

any suggestions? Help! Should I go back to the older version of iTunes?

btw, when I uninstalled iTunes, I kept my library files and two plugins around: last.fm scrobbler and mmkeys. Does this matter? I don't think so: I tried removing the plugins and I still got the same error.

I'm running Vista 64bit, and I used the 64 bit installer.

Orignal From: iTunes 9 install problem: software for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment