Thursday, October 15, 2009

Updated to itunes 9: now Airtunes ...

I unfortunately do not recall the last version of itunes I had.... it wasn't very old though.

The only reason I updated to 9 last night was the itunes store forced me to in order to get a new episode. Anyways...

after the update, upon starting iTunes, i get this dialogue:

"The software required for communication with this ipod is not installed correctly...."

Then it asks me if I want it to repair. I say yes and it supposedly repairs it. If I restart itunes, it will say this error every single time.

I also cannot connect to my Airpor Express as a speaker output. it is listed, and when I select it, it brings up the 'connecting' dialogue which goes on FOREVER until I cancel it. ***?!?

I've uninstalled itunes, apple application support AND apple mobile device support and reinstalled itunes. I've unplugged the airport express; re-configured it using the Airport utility, updated the firmware and still I have both of these problems after all this.

WHY OH WHY did itunes make my update to download new store episodes...

Can anybody help me diagnose this?

Thanks
Ryan

Message was edited by: Ryan Brucks

Orignal From: Updated to itunes 9: now Airtunes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment