Saturday, October 31, 2009

Itune won't uninstall, install, ...

I have a lot of issues with itunes so i'm not really sure where to post, but the main ones are installing and uninstalling.

When i open itunes (version 7.something) i get a message saying it wasn't installed properly and so cannot import music from cd's. When i connect my ipod video another message appears saying itunes wasn't installed properly and so cannot connect/sync to my ipod. Also when i agree to update to version 9 nothing happens, i click update and the message disappears.

It recommended uninstalling and then reinstalling itunes.
However when i go to add/remove programs all the itunes related programs appear (updater. bonjour quicktime etc.) except itunes itself.
So i tried to manually delete the files but when i try to trash the itunes folder it tells me that i do not have access to do that and that they are protected files.
I have tried using registery cleanup programs but that does not get rid of the old itunes files.

I then tried to upgrade to version 9 by downloading the pack from apple website. Everything runs fine until this error message appears -
Error writing to file: H:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\default\pref\itms.js. Verify that you have access to that directory.

Clicking retry just makes the message appear again and cancel undoes the installation.
I have already looked for help on a firefox support forum and they told me i should look for help here.
Please help me.

I am using an admin account and security is avast!on-access scanner and spybot-search and destroy.

Message was edited by: naomi24

Orignal From: Itune won't uninstall, install, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment