Thursday, October 15, 2009

Clean install of iTunes 9 fixes problems ...

I upgraded to iTunes 9 and immediately noticed a drop in performance:

1. The 1-click download feature (which we are now forced to use) took forever to add new songs. I mean several minutes just to add it to the download queue.

2. Downloading songs would take 20-30 minutes.

3. When songs finished downloading it would say "Processing..." and then just hand there forever.

Restarting iTunes 9 caused those songs that were processing to disappear. I finally decided to uninstall everything apple and reinstall iTunes 9. This seems to have fixed the issues that I have noted above. If you're on Windows XP. I would recommend uninstalling iTunes/Quicktime/Etc. and doing a clean install.

Pssst... Apple stop making smug commercials and fix your software.

Orignal From: Clean install of iTunes 9 fixes problems ...

No comments:

Post a Comment