Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Install Itunes 9.0.1 Failure-Apple ...

I am receiving the following error in the Event Log: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Apple Mobile Device Support. Product Version: 2.6.0.32. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

I initially tried to update an itunes 8 install. I have tried removing all apple code from my machine, but the install still fails. After uninstalling all apple code, I even used a searched and deleted anything with iPod, iTunes and Quicktime in the name. I used a registry cleaner to sweep out the registry, and I went through looking for apple stuff with regedit.

I have searched the forums, and not foudn anything.

I have turned on and off my anti-virus and Windows UAC... No luck.

After doing this about 5 different times, and failing each time, I am at a loss what to do.

Everything other than Apple Mobile Device Support installs fine.

Any suggestions?

Orignal From: Install Itunes 9.0.1 Failure-Apple ...

No comments:

Post a Comment