Monday, September 21, 2009

Problem upgrading to iTunes 9: Apple ...

Today, when iTunes prompted me to upgrade to iTunes 9, I tried to do it, but once I got done, iTunes no longer worked. Each time, I try to open it, it says, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\pthreadVC2.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." When I click out of that, I get an error 7.

I have tried at least three times completely uninstalling iTunes

Orignal From: Problem upgrading to iTunes 9: Apple ...

1 comment:

  1. Go to the Windows Control Panel and open "Programs" or "Add/Remove Programs". (You didn't mention what OS you're using.)

    Remove iTunes.

    Remove "Apple Application Support". Once it has uninstalled, exit and re-enter the control panel to confirm it has really been removed. I needed to remove it twice.

    Then reinstall iTunes.

    ReplyDelete