Sunday, September 20, 2009

Error: iTunes requires a newer version ...

Yesterday, I upgraded to iTunes 9 x64 (running Windows 7). The installation went fine and iTunes seemed to be working great until I plugged in my iPhone. When I plug it in, rather than showing up under my devices, I get an error message popping up:

iTunes requires a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support. Please uninstall both Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes, then install iTunes again.

( picture: http://imgur.com/HdJSx.png )

I have tried to uninstall the Apple Mobile Device Support with little success and tried running the repair for the iTunes install, but I still have failure. I am worried about losing all of my iTunes data if I uninstall - I recently switched over to a different OS installation and copied my iTunes config information (XML docs and stuff) - it kept my library intact, but sneakily reset my iPhone to a way old configuration and deleted most of my data from it.

So... (1) has anyone else run into this and overcome it, and (2) how can I follow the directions uninstalling/reinstalling without losing my data, computer authorization with iTunes, etc.?

Thanks

Orignal From: Error: iTunes requires a newer version ...

No comments:

Post a Comment