Sunday, September 20, 2009

iTunes will not install completely due ...

"The software you are installing for this hardware:

iTunes

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP (Tell me why this testing is important.)

This hardware will not be installed. Contact your system administrator."

It has been doing this for a few weeks now, and it's only when it tries to install the drivers to my CD/DVD drive. There isn't even a bypass for it provided. I have switched it to ignore the logo test and still it brings the message up every time.

Also, because of it, I get the annoying message every time I start iTunes:

"Warning! iTunes was not properly installed. If you wish to import or burn CDs, you need to reinstall iTunes."

I've gone through all the motions of uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times. It hasn't helped at all. Please help! I just want this behind me!

I forgot to mention before that I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a possible answer to this question with no luck, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Collin Alexander Curtis

Orignal From: iTunes will not install completely due ...

No comments:

Post a Comment