Sunday, September 20, 2009

The horror that is iTunes 9. ...

Well it seems alot of us are regretting having upgraded to iTunes 9.
We've had all manner of difficulties. I've been going through the
message bases and have seen all types of suggestion. I can assure
you though that you cannot go backwards once you've installed version 9.
If you try to you will be told that your iTunes library cannot be
access because it was made with a "newer" version of iTunes.

I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it. Uninstalling it and installing the components individually. (i.e.Quicktime by it self, then iTunes by itself.)
I like alot of you am almost at my wits end. I think we really have no
choice at this point other than to wait for Apple to come up with a fix.

I'm wondering, because i've not been able to locate one, if there is a
vehicle for giving feedback to Apple? A way to log errors? If so can
you point me in the right direction. I think that in giving them this
feedback can they begin to write a patch. If we, who are having these issues, can tell them the problems we're having it will go a long way in bringing
about a fix. Since I find it very unlikey that thier tech people are
going to wade through the thousands of frantic messages being posted here
trying to correct the problem.

I'm running Windows with service pack2 installed. In my case when I attempt
to open iTunes I get a dialogue box telling me that:

The instruction at "0x01dea421" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "read".

Then I get click ok to terminate or cancel to debug. In anycase choosing either option will simply terminate the program.

Not that being said. How do we forward this info to Apple. Should we turn
to Microsoft for a patch?

Orignal From: The horror that is iTunes 9. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment