Monday, September 21, 2009

Home Sharing in Itunes 9 on Windows ...

I have installed iTunes 9 and have started using Home Sharing. I want to be able to use Home Sharing with my WHS (Windows Home Server) as our music is stored there and we have iTunes on all computers, plus 2 iphones and iPods.
This would need a Home Sharing server (service) to run on the WHS. Has Apple produced such a piece of software or can I install the Home Sharing component of iTunes 9 on my server? I am advised (by Microsoft) that installing iTunes 9 is not a good idea on WHS as WHS is designed to run services not user apps.
Any suggestions or has Apple someting in plan?
It seems that sharing between PCs is a bit behind the times when many people have moved over to Home Servers or NAS drives.

Orignal From: Home Sharing in Itunes 9 on Windows ...

No comments:

Post a Comment