Saturday, September 19, 2009

iTunes/Quicktime installation went off ...

Hi Friends,

A few days back I had posted a query wanting to know if iTunes v9 works fine on Win XP SP2 or not. 1 guy said that it may or may not work. But guess what, everything went perfect and smooth, which was totally unexpected. I was on iTunes v6.0.2.23 and was apprehensive about upgrading directly to v9. I tried upgrading to v8 long time back but that failed miserably. But v9 installation went smooth, heres how :

I had Quicktime in my PC and I figured out that it was corrupted. Quicktime wont open (eventhough iTunes v6 did). So I thought of fixing the existing version of Quicktime first. I had Quicktime version 7.0.4 installed in my computer. Somehow it never showed up in Add/Remove programs so I wasnt able to remove it. So I went to www.oldversion.com and downloaded the old version (i.e. 7.0.4) of Quicktime. This installer file first allowed me to uninstall the corrupted version and then let me install the good version of 7.0.4 Quicktime.
After this, I found that Quicktime now worked perfectly on my computer. So I went ahead and downloaded the latest version of iTunes Quicktime and installed it. And guess what, my 5 yr old Windows XP Pentium 4 - 384 MB of Ram now runs iTunes v9.0.0.70 and Quicktime v7.6.4.

My Review :

Quicktime :

Though the player looks sleek, it is still incompatible in playing most video file formats. It does not recognize a simple 'wmv' file, does not play 'avi' file, though it suggested me to download some codecs to play 'avi' files. But why would I do that anyways..? I have VLC which plays almost everything. All audio files work good in Quicktime and MPEG-4 video playbacks are awesome.

Snapshots :

Audio :

http://i25.tinypic.com/xfou9j.jpg

Video :

http://i28.tinypic.com/90c6k7.jpg

iTunes :

Wow, this latest version of iTunes is a complete boon. There is so much to do with this new version. I am totally amazed with its added Grid view and CoverFlow view. iTunes DJ is another added advantage. Who needs a professional DJ when you have iTunes with you ? iTunes v9 was quick enough to retrieve the entire Library and my playlists from v6 and within minutes I was back to my music and videos with an all look on my new iTunes. Both audio files and video files work perfectly fine in this new version, just like it did with my old version. All good things bring some bad things with them too. This new version is too much bothered about Album Artworks and asks me to update them which is irritating. And the Genius function does not work for me since I am in India and India does not have an online iTunes store yet.

Snapshots :

Audio :

http://i26.tinypic.com/2eann1j.jpg

Video :

http://i31.tinypic.com/m9pufd.jpg

**P.S.:**I am not an Apple marketing expert or an Apple employee, the review I mentioned is totally original and my personal opinion about iTunes and Quicktime. I just though of sharing my personal experience with you guys. So please dont kill me over it. Thanks and cheers !

Message was edited by: roh_style

Message was edited by: roh_style

Message was edited by: roh_style

Message was edited by: roh_style

Orignal From: iTunes/Quicktime installation went off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment