Monday, September 21, 2009

iTunes unable to find a component ...

I have just replaced a computer that was having problems with a new computer (Hp slimline) running Vista Home Ultimate (64 bit system).
I have downloaded iTunes (latest version 9 from the website) my music files which include the iTunes folder have been copied to My Music on the new computer the same as it was on the old computer.
When I launch iTunes I get the following message:

Quicktime Handeler Window: iTunes.exe Unable to Locate Component
The application has failed to start because d3dx9_36.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I have removed and reinstalled iTunes at least four times with the same results.

After I click on the OK button from the warning. iTunes opens and my library seems to be there. However whenever I try to play a song I get the following error message:
The song

Orignal From: iTunes unable to find a component ...

No comments:

Post a Comment