Saturday, September 19, 2009

iTunes has encountered a problem and ...

After upgrading to iTunes9.0 I can no longer use the application. Everytime I try to open it I get an error message that iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I've deleted it and re-installed following all the troubleshooting steps in various FAQ documents. I've disconnected from the internet and re-connected. I've completely removed iTunes and QuickTime from my PC. I've changed out IE handles cookies. I've changed audio output to headphone speakers. I've stopped Apple Moblie services. I've cleaned out Windows Installer. I feel like I've tried everything. I'm at a total loss.

The program installed properly and will open. It immediately tries to connect to the iTunes Store. The progress bar at the top shows 1/2 complete when the error message pops up.

Any suggestions?

Orignal From: iTunes has encountered a problem and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment