Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New PC, new library location, playlist ...

Hello, I had to replace my hard drive off my Vista machine. I was able to save the XML file of each playlist. I installed iTunes 64bit on my Win7 machine, copied all the music back over. Now here is my dilema, I have duplicates of songs and dead link songs in my library. I already have iTunes to copy files when files are added to my iTunes. I also have have iTunes managing the files and folders of my library as well. Now what I didn't realize was at one point I did not have iTunes on my old machine set to copy the files into the iTunes directory when files are added. So my playlists are pointing to old directories instead of one main directory. Is there a way to synchronize the playlist so they can point to the new library directory. I don't want to recreate my playlists. (EEK!) also how can i filter through the duplicates so i can remove the files and also clear track dead links? Thank you

Orignal From: New PC, new library location, playlist ...

No comments:

Post a Comment