Tuesday, November 3, 2009

iTunes 9 install issues, now iTunes ...

I tried to upgrade to iTunes 9 today but it failed to install using the auto-update tool, so as the tool suggested, I tried going manual. It installed, but gave me the "iTunes requires a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support." error every time I plugged in my iPod Touch, and advised me to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and the Apple Mobile Device Support.

I successfully uninstalled iTunes, though the Apple Mobile Device support is being stubborn, and seems not to uninstall properly, remaining on the list of programs in the control panel.

I tried running both the manual install file (iTunes64Setup.exe) and the extracted AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi, and neither work, even though I have the AMDS service stopped in the Services panel in the control panel. The progress bar sits for a while near the finish and then rolls back, and tells me that there was an error with the install.

The error message says:

iTunes installer Completed
The installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured.

Your system could not be modified. To retry these operations at another time (etc.)

Any help would be appreciated!

Orignal From: iTunes 9 install issues, now iTunes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment