Tuesday, November 3, 2009

iTunes 32-bit upgrade to iTunes 64-bit ...

Hi there!
I have a question about upgrading iTunes from 32-bit to 64-bit on Windows.
As I always do when I reformat my computer I save my "iTunes Library.itl" files and all those other files, backup my iTunes Music folder etc. Then I re-install iTunes on the new computer and put the iTunes Music folder and the library files back into their places and iTunes works just fine.

My question is this. I'm curently upgrading from Vista 32-bit to Win7 64-bit.
I can probaly keep using iTunes 32-bit in Win7 64-bit but what's the point. I have to make the transition some time anyway. So my question is. Can I do as I always do, install iTunes 32-bit in Win7 64-bit, as my files and then install iTunes 64-bit over the 32-bit installation? Or can a clean iTunes 64-bit installation use my old "iTunes Library.itl" files etc from my 32-bit installation of iTunes?

I hope this makes any sens.

Message was edited by: MrViklund

Orignal From: iTunes 32-bit upgrade to iTunes 64-bit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment