Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Importing music previously ripped by ...

Why is it that importation of music which was previously ripped by RealPlayer does not yield the inclusion of artist and album identifiers? I am tired of RealPlayer loosing tracks, and so want to now use iTunes. However, when I installed iTunes 8.2.0.23, and imported the music already stored on the hard drive of my computer, only the track names were imported. Now, I have 2500 tracks available, but no way to sort them by album name within artist name. That means, all of the first tracks are listed in the library, then all of the second tracks are listed, and this continues for all tracks. Why could iTunes not be designed to first review the file structure (and allow me to intervene) so that the album name and artist name could be included with the track name. My structure is /audio/music/artist/album/track, and I would have expected iTunes to be smart enough that the artist and album information could be copied into the iTunes library listing, along with the track name.

wrb

Orignal From: Importing music previously ripped by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment